Five things I would tell my teenage self if I could go back in time (with apologies to Merlin’s 5ives):
1. Being depressed doesn’t make you interesting, no matter how good you get at it.
2. There’s no shame in making money from art. In fact, that’s kind of a great goal.
3. Woody Allen is a terrible role model. You’ll see.
4. It’s not all your parent’s fault. Or, at least, blaming them doesn’t do anyone any good, least of all you.
5. The only person you should make a project out of saving is yourself.