I blame Storey.
Four jobs I’ve had
- Collator. I assembled books made from Xeroxed copies by walking around a table picking up pages one by one, and then passing the stacks on to the binder. I always wanted to be the binder.
- Tape duplicator. Put the master tape in one spot. Put a dozen blanks in the other spots. Hit go. Flip them all over 10 minutes later. Repeat.
- Pizza cook. Remind me to tell you the story about going horse riding wearing the same sneakers I wore at work. Horses love red sauce.
- Driver. When my best friend’s dad became so incapacitated with MS he couldn’t drive anymore, I drove him around in his van listening to his stories. I learned more from this job than just about any other.
Four movies I can watch over and over
- The Fifth Element
- Fight Club
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back
Four places I’ve lived
- A house I don’t remember, Memphis, TN.
- A model home in a former lemon grove, Claremont, CA.
- A duplex one block from the beach with a series of mentally unstable housemates, Santa Cruz, CA.
- A 100 year-old Victorian apartment building across the street from the projects, San Francisco, CA.
Four TV shows I love
- Harvey Birdman
- Battlestar Galactica (the new one, natch)
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Four places I’ve vacationed
- Cinque Terra, Italy
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Paris, France
- Paris Hotel, Las Vegas
Four of my favorite dishes
- Super Veggie Burrito, Puerto Alegre in the Mission District, San Francisco.
- Eggs New York (with bagel and cream cheese), Zazie in Cole Valley, San Francisco.
- Sicilian Pizza, Marcellos in the Castro, San Francisco.
- The eggs I make for me and Heather on a Sunday morning, Cole Valley, San Francisco.
Four sites I visit daily
Four places I would rather be right now
- Paris with Heather
- Italy with Heather
- Anywhere I’ve never been with Heather
- Anywhere with Heather