NaBloPoMo Q&A 9: Six for Dinner
If you could have a dinner party and invite any six people from history (past or present), who would you invite, and why?
It was too much effort to try and consider everyone who ever lived, and dead people are boring at parties anyway, so I limited myself to the living. I’d invite:
- Woody Allen, so I can kick him in the nuts for teaching a generation of Jewish boys that they should act like whiny neurotic schleps until a beautiful woman loves them (even if it did work for me).
- Tom Waits, so I can stammer and blush and giggle like a schoolgirl.
- Annie Leibovitz, to tell us stories about shooting all those iconic photos.
- Chuck Palahniuk, to see if he’s cheered up at all now that he’s famous.
- Jon Stewart, so I can thank him, and thank him, and thank him some more.
- You. Yes, you. Can you be here by five?
Thanks for the question, Myla. What six people would YOU invite? Leave a comment!